• You probably are going to need supplements for some of the vitamins, beside vegan diet, that your body needs. Vitamin B12 it happens to only appear (so far) in animal based foods.
And because this vitamin helps the body to keep blood cells healthy and body’s nerve correctly, the lack of this one can produce tiredness, loss of appetite, constipation, weakness, incorrect weight loss, depression and of course nerve problems, so asking your doctor if you need the intake of B12 will be a need.
• Iron will also be another one you will need to ask your doctor about it. Iron exists in two forms “heme” and “non-heme”.
In most animal based food, the heme form of the iron is most commonly found and is the one that our bodies can more easily absorb, meanwhile the non-heme form is the only one found in vegan diets and is harder for the body to absorb.
• Proteins are mostly contained in animal based food, but in this case, there are a couple of vegan food that actually contains such proteins and will help keep your body active and healthy.
The vegan food with proteins is mostly natural soy, beans, quinoa and seitan, there are other sources but these are the most common ones.
4- Essential food
• Whatever you do, don’t replace any foods with candy or any other junk meal. Food like bread, pasta, candy’s and others of the same kind, are normally low in nutritional value so the only thing you will be doing is to have less nutrition and obtaining unnecessary weight.
5- Switch gradually
• If you are going to start a vegan diet, don’t just do it right on like a switch of change. It takes time to adjust your body and mind to accept most vegetable based food.
So go step by step and just add some vegetables or vegan food to some of your meals until you feel you are ready to make more changes in your principal meals.
• Calcium will be one the things you hardly will have to worry about. Most vegan diets food contains well balanced amounts of calcium. So in this department your bones and body will be in well shape and totally satisfied.
7- Read food labels
• Always read food labels to make sure whatever your are going to eat, is actually organic and enters in your vegan diet that your doctor help you establish.
Read Also: Why Do A Vegan Diet?