Causes of Nausea and Vomiting, and The Effective Treatment
Causes and treatment of nausea and vomiting
Nausea is a condition in which you feel like you are going to vomit. Simply, vomiting and nausea last for only a few days if not treated.
There are many pathways in the body that trigger nausea and vomiting. Always, treatment of them by anti-nausea and anti-emetic drugs have been developed to block these pathways. But, Some of these drugs target the vomiting center in the brain. Accordingly, you might have to try other natural ways.
Causes of nausea
1- Common Causes
• They may occur separately or together in cases of Chemotherapy, General anesthesia, Morning sickness and Rotavirus.
• Gastroparesis: it is a condition in which the muscles of the stomach wall don’t function properly, interfering with digestion.
• Intestinal obstruction, Viral gastroenteritis and Vestibular neuritis
2- Possible Causes
There are too many conditions may associate with nausea and vomiting as follows.
- Nervous disorders as Meningitis
- Brain tumor
- Anorexia nervosa: an eating disorder characterized by low weight, fear of gaining weight, and a strong desire to be thin, resulting in food restriction.
- Generalized anxiety disorder, Dizziness, Gallstone, and Fever.
- Alcohol use disorder
- Clinical disorders
- Food poisoning
- Heart failure
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Cyclic vomiting syndrome
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Appendicitis, Cholecystitis, Intestinal ischemia, as well as Intestinal obstruction.Also, Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) triggers these cases.
- Pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis
- Depression (major depressive disorder) as well as severe pain
Treatment of Nausea and Vomiting
1- First of all, Do not eat or drink anything if you have a frequent vomiting. Once you relax a bit, try to sip on some clear liquids such as water, gelatin, and sports drinks.
2- When you feel better to try to consume larger amounts of water and liquids to water and liquids will restore the liquids that have been lost due to vomiting.
3- Eat Bananas, Rice, Toast and natural juice. Also baked potatoes or salted crackers help to relieve these conditions. Avoid cream soups, vegetables, and meats.
4- If vomiting and diarrhea last more than 24 hours, you might experience dehydration. So, take an oral rehydrating solution such as Pedialyte to prevent and treat dehydration.
5- Eat small meals instead of three large meals and Eat slowly. Also, rest after eating while elevating your head about 12 inches above your feet and try having anti-nausea medications.
6- Nausea associated with cancer treatments can be treated with another type of drug therapy.
7- Finally, after determining the cause of nausea and vomiting, your doctor can give you prescribed drugs if the symptoms are not getting better on their own.
Read Also: How To Improve Your Immune System?