Nanotechnology is a field of applied sciences dedicated to the control and manipulation of matter on a scale smaller than a micrometer, that is, at the level of atoms and molecules (nanomaterials).
The most common is that such manipulation occurs in a range between one and a hundred nanometers. To get an idea of how small nanobots can be, about 50 nm nanobots has the size of 5 layers of molecules or atoms.
Nanotechnology promises new and more efficient solutions to environmental problems, as well as many others faced by humanity.
Nanotechnology promises benefits of all kinds, from new or more efficient medical applications to solutions to environmental problems and many others. However, the concept of nanotechnology is not yet well known in society.
Characters of nanotechnology
• It is characterized by being an essentially multidisciplinary field and cohesion exclusively by the scale of the matter with which it works.
• Nanotechnology promises new and more efficient solutions to environmental problems, as well as many others faced by humanity.
Nanotechnology promises benefits of all kinds, from new or more efficient medical applications to solutions to environmental problems and many others. however, the concept of nanotechnology is not yet well known in society.
Although current research often refers to nanotechnology (in the form of molecular motors, quantum computing, etcetera), it is debatable that nanotechnology is a reality today.
The current progress can be described as Nanoscience, a body of knowledge that lays the foundation for the future development of a technology based on the detailed manipulation of molecular structures.
• With all these advances men had a great fascination to continue investigating more about these molecules, not in the field of inert materials, but in the search for organic molecules that will be found in our body.
• Today medicine is given more interest in research in the microscopic world. The branches of medicine that have benefited most as is microbiology, Immunology, physiology, and in short almost all branches of medicine.
• With all these advances have also emerged new sciences as it is the genetic engineering that today everyone has heard about the repercussions that humanity can bring such as cloning or improving the species.
Among these sciences are also others not very well known such as nanotechnology. It can be defined as one that is dedicated to the manufacture of technology in miniature.
• Nanotechnology, unlike genetic engineering, is not yet in development stages. It can be considered as “a theoretical science” since it has not yet been put into practice. Now, it is not yet viable, but the repercussions it brings for the future are immense.