Basically, artificial intelligence is one that tries to explain mental functioning based on the development of algorithms to control different things.
Artificial intelligence combines several fields, such as robotics, expert systems and others. These fields have the same objective which is to try to create machines that can think for themselves.
That may lead to the existence of several studies and applications, within which are the neural networks, the control of processes or the genetic algorithms.
The areas of investigation of the IA
• The study of agent architectures, which seeks the integration of other areas of IA in order to create intelligent agents, robust entities capable of autonomous behavior and in real time.
• Multi-agent coordination and collaboration, which has allowed the development of techniques for representing the capabilities of other agents and specifying the knowledge necessary for collaboration among them.
• The development of ontologies, which seeks the creation of catalogs of explicit, formal and multipurpose knowledge, which can be used by intelligent systems.
• Voice and language processing fields, which seek to create systems that communicate with people in their language.
• The synthesis and understanding of images, which leads to the production of algorithms for the analysis of photographs, diagrams, and videos, as well as techniques for the visual display of quantitative and structured information.
Areas of application of the AI
• Management and control: intelligent analysis, goal setting.
• Manufacturing: design, planning, programming, monitoring, control, project management, simplified robotics and computer vision.
• Education: practical training, exams, and diagnosis.
• Engineering: design, control, and analysis.
• Equipment: design, diagnosis, training, maintenance, configuration, monitoring, and sales.
• Professions: law, medicine, accounting, geology, chemistry.
• Software: teaching, specification, design, verification, maintenance.
• Data processing: education, natural language interface, intelligent access to data and database managers, intelligent data analysis.
• Finance: planning, analysis, consulting.
Commercial applications of artificial intelligence
• Diagnosis: computer hardware, computer networks, mechanical equipment, medical problems, telephone breakdowns, electronic instrumentation, electronic circuits, automotive breakdowns.
• Interpretation and analysis: geological data for oil prospecting, chemical compounds, signal analysis, complex mathematical problems, military threat assessment, electronic circuit analysis, biological data, radar, sonar and infrared information.
• Monitoring: equipment, process monitoring, manufacturing and management of scientific processes, military threats, and vital functions of hospitalized patients, financial data on strips of perforated paper by teleprinter, industrial and government report.
• Planning: asset and liability management, portfolio management, credit and loan analysis, contracts, workshop work scheduling, project management, experiment planning, printed circuit board production.
• Intelligent interfaces: instrumentation (fiscal) hardware,
• Software development: automatic programming.
Read Alos: Be Positive and You Can Make Friends